Saturday, July 18, 2009

Vanilla Cupcakes with Peach and Strawberry Filling


I have heard of people talking how wonderful the Magnolia Bakery vanilla cupcakes are and so I had to try them. I found the recipe on Food Network but decided to use this buttercream recipe. I added my own twist to the recipe by adding a fruit compote to the middle of the cupcake. This would also be good on pancakes (or french toast)!

Peach and Strawberry Filling

4 fresh peaches, chopped into small chunks
1/4 cup or so of strawberry whole fruit perserves
1 lemon, zested, with a small amount of juice

Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl then transfer to a small pan and reduce it down for about 15 minutes. While the filling is reducing, I started the cupcakes. When the cupcakes are ready to into the cupcake papers, scoop enough of the cupcake mixture to fill the paper half way up and then add a tablespoon full of the filling.

Fill the remaining paper with the cupcake mixture. Repeat with all 24 cupcake holders. Bake has directed in the recipe.
While the cupcakes were baking I made the buttercream recipe I have linked above. It is probably the best buttercream I have ever tasted!
The cupcakes were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment