Monday, June 15, 2009

Banana Nut Bread



I having been wanting banana nut bread for a really long time. I didn't want to buy some in the store and I have never made it before so I thought I would try. It came out really nice! The recipe I used whole wheat flour instead of all purpose white to be a little more healthy. I also used mini loaf pans instead of one regular pan. If you use a regular pan, follow the original recipe as far as baking time goes. This bread has really nice flavor and I will definitely make it again! Here is the original recipe.

Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 soft, ripe bananas, mashed

Cream sugar and shortening; add eggs, flour, baking soda, bananas, and chopped nuts. Pour banana bread batter into 4 greased and floured mini loaf pans; bake at 350 for 45 mins-55 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on wire racks and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment